STS has been designing and manufacturing custom aerospace training equipment since 1978 and has devices installed all over the world. STS fosters a people-focused environment and is seeking the right people to join our team.
3D CAD Operator/Mechanical Designer
The successful candidate will manipulate and modify airframe manufacturer’s data consisting of part and assembly models to produce drawings and documents for manufacture of training equipment. The candidate under the direction of the Project Engineer and senior engineers will help devise simulation solutions that meet the training requirements and level of fidelity specified in the training equipment Statement of Work and/or Specification. The candidate must communicate effectively with other engineers and manufacturing personnel assigned to the project team. This position may also be required to support in-process design reviews by STS management and/or customer, in-house assembly and test of training equipment, and on-site installation and acceptance.
- Associate of Science degree in Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent.
- Proficient with Autodesk Product Design Suite (AutoCAD Inventor/Mechanical Design) and/or other 3D CAD software package.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with commercial or military programs is a plus.
- Requires walking to other areas of the facility, including manufacturing areas.
- Sustained visual and mental attention to details and accuracy are required.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
STS offers an excellent benefits package including: medical insurance (STS pays approximately 80% of the premium); 401k; company-paid life, short term and long term disability insurance; nine paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; and a cafeteria plan with dental and other supplemental insurance. We have an air-conditioned and heated manufacturing shop and a work week that includes half days on Fridays.
You may complete an application online or send your resume via fax to 918-664-2463 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.